[Histonet] ATPase reaction

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Thu Mar 8 06:57:05 CST 2012

Hazel Horn asks about the ATPase reaction:

Years ago we had problem with our ATPase reaction on F/S of muscle biopsies. We discovered that in keeping the substrate at minus 20oC in a freezer, and getting it out and letting it warm up to room temperature before weighing a small amount out for the procedure, and then putting it back in the freezer,  in doing that all the time, we had inadvertantly inactivated the ATPase substrate. Its best to aliquot it out when you first receive it from Sigma, or whoever, and keep those vials frozen, getting one out to use every time you do the reaction.

Other than that, I would think the solutions are suspect, too old or wrong pH or something like that.

Regards
Michael Titford
Pathology  - USA
Mobile AL