[Histonet] Control Block Tracking

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Tue Mar 6 11:59:48 CST 2012

I must disagree  - at one time we also kept a control block list - it can very easily become a record keeping nightmare.
We write the ID of the control tissue used in the data base and on the slide label - end of story.  No control block written records to update, file, access or archive.

My four cents,

Tresa Goins
Montana Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Bozeman, Montana 59718

406-994-6353

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; SaraBreeden
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Control Block Tracking

Absolutely unnecessary! You have to remember that an "inspector", in order to appear knowledgeable and "demanding", has to say something, even if it is stupid.
But you can comply in a simple way (as I used to do):  make a list of your control blocks, with documentation about what antigens they are used for. Also write the dates from/to that particular block was used.
If you want to know what control was used for a specific case/antigen, just check the data the test was performed, and refer to your control blocks list to know which was use according with the date.
The problem arises when you use, for example normal tonsils, although those can also be referred to a case number (the one corresponding to the tonsil resection).
In this way you will comply without the need to add additional information to every case.
René J.