[Histonet] Open positions...Oh MY!

Cheryl Kerry admin <@t> fullstaff.org
Tue Mar 6 10:43:09 CST 2012

Hi Guys-

I don't post often for job openings as usually our network of people help us
find good techs for the labs we serve.  FORTUNATELY it's getting really
busy...feels like the economy isn't quite as icky as our list is getting
ever longer and we need help finding GOOD people! Temp or permanent--new
grad or old school--we're here to help.

The referral-a-friend bonus program is still in place--let us know if you
have a friend looking...

Here's the short list--if you don't see what you want call, we have more
than those listings:

URGENT TEMP NEED: Traveling PA - ASCP certified with two years paid
experience--call and we'll fill you in on the opportunity.

PERMANENT OPENINGS (direct W-2 hire):

1. Pennsylvania:
A. Private Small Reference Lab: 2 HISTOTECHS, 1 PA/GROSSER:
A newly remodeled private lab has two day shift openings for full service
including specials and IHC.  Two Histotechs to work together as well as a
possible PA or Grosser to fill out the team.  They have an aid and it's one
of those jobs where you do it all and get the kudos you deserve.  An
'old-school' lab and one worth exploring if you're looking for a long-term
career opportunity. GREAT DOCS!

B. Large reference facility: 1 HISTOTECH:
A routine Histotech position.  Good pay and a possible career path with a
large private company

C. Large reference facility: 1 HISTOTECH:
Routine histology near one of the nicest cities in which to raise a family
(my hometown!)

2. Florida
Gulf Coast Hospital: 1 SUPERVISOR and 2 HISTOTECHS
All day-shift for a private community hospital rebuilding their team.
IF YOU DON"T HAVE A FLORIDA LICENSE--CALL ANYWAY.  An opportunity to move
into a facility that cares enough to stand up for their techs and get them
the pay and the environment to do the best work for their patients!  I like
the lab manager--she had a great plan for this group!

3. Ohio
Private Hospital Facility: 3 HISTOTECHS
Three techs.  One handling the autopsy suite and some histology, the other
two will fill out the Histology team.  They are rebuilding their team with
an eye toward making it the best place in the area to work.

4. Texas
A. Private medium-sized reference lab: 1 LEAD, 1 GROSSER, 2 HISTOTECHS
Multiple positions including a lead that might also serve as lead grosser, a
grossing tech and several Histotech positions with several start times.
They have been a great place to work and with new management, are back on
track.

B. Private small reference lab: 1 HISTOTECH and possibly 1 IHC TECH
Lovely newly remodeled private reference facility outside a major city.
Nice management, routine work and a good pay rate...nice place to raise a
family, too.

C. Large reference lab: PA or QUALIFIED/EXPERIENCED GROSSING HISTOTECH
They aren't quite sure of the shift (evenings or early AM) but this is a
career facility with promotion from within.  Very nice facilities, good pay
and benies.

5 Colorado
Private medium reference facility: 2 HISTOTECHS
A NICE PLACE TO WORK....our temps convert to permanent at this place!  Can't
get a better compliment than that.  They're growing and need more qualified
help.  They do work with students and train but new blood brings in new
ideas.  I've benched with this supervisor--she's a straight shooter--easy as
you know what is expected and how you're doing.  Good pay--BEAUTIFUL city.

6. HISTOTECHS & PATHOLOGIST'S ASSISTANTS:
Seeking multiple PAs for a large number of temp and permanent
openings...there just aren't enough of you guys.

As always--we invite the curious to just pick up the phone and ask all your
questions--worst case you spend a few minutes.  Best case you find a job you
LOVE!

Thanks--

Cheryl

Cheryl Kerry, HT(ASCP), Coordinator