[Histonet] Re: Staing rack for ground section??

jsjurczak <@t> comcast.net jsjurczak <@t> comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 18:20:37 CDT 2012

There is a quick and dirty way to do this if you don't need a lot of slides at once.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Ratliff" <ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com>
To: "Marc" <boneimage8 <@t> gmail.com>, "petticoffer andrew" <petticoffer.andrew <@t> synthes.com>
Cc: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:36:02 PM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Re: Staing rack for ground section??

Marc,

My apologies for butting in here, but basically the length of the rack is a bit larger than the 100 mm slides and a looser fit. Also, the height of the slides is larger than the rack inserts and can sometimes create a stability problem when staining a full rack. As Andrew has stated, it is the next best thing and this product can work for you. However, the staining dish is also a problem because the slides do not stain vertical in the traditional sense meaning that you need the larger 600 ml volume dishes.

If you would like to contact me privately, I would love to speak with you more about what you are trying to accomplish and help point you in the right direction with this sort of thing.

Best Regards,

Jack