[Histonet] Luxol Fast Blue problem

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 10:19:22 CDT 2012

The only thing I think now refers to the "age" of your solution. If you prepare it yourself or if bought and near the "expiration date" probably that could be another cause of the problem.
René J.

________________________________
From: Tim Wheelock <twheelock <@t> mclean.harvard.edu>
To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:09 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Luxol Fast Blue problem

Hi again all:

Lately, I have had problems with my Luxol Fast Blue myelin stain not being nearly as dark as it should.
I am having my oven checked out  because  I have had problems with  it holding a  high enough temperature (at least 60C).
This seems to one factor in getting the stain to take.
But I suspect there may be other factors involved.
Has anyone had this sort of problem before? What did you find was the cause and how did you fix the problem?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Tim Wheelock
Harvard Brain Bank
McLean Hospital