[Histonet] RE: Adopting a bar code system

Marcia Funk FUNKM <@t> mercyhealth.com
Tue Jun 26 09:58:48 CDT 2012

We are installing Vantage system from Ventana and very excited - great things to follow.
Marcia

Marcia Funk
Histology Laboratory
Mercy Medical Center North Iowa
Mason City, IA, 50401
641-428-7907
>>> "McMahon, Loralee A" <Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu> 06/21/2012 1:55 PM >>>
Sorry Teri must have missed the reply all button.
And also Lablion claims to interface with any current lab equipment that you have.  So if you already have slide printers (either etchers or labelers) it can work.  Like I said.  I haven't seen it in action, but I sure would like to.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Teri Johnson [TJohnson <@t> gnf.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:26 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Adopting a bar code system

Here's a response I have received off list:

Teri,

We just looked at a barcode histology tracking system called LabLion.  I have never heard of them until yesterday.  It was developed by a histotech and some engineers.  It looks too good to be true.  We have looked at a lot of different systems and this ones seems to have everything that we need.   We have looked at the TBS system, Dako, Ventana, etc.
I think if you google them you can find it and the contact information.  If not let me know and I'll get it for you.  It is definitley worth your time to look at this system.  We are in serious negotiations with them.  But this is just my opinion from the demo.   I haven't had a chance to actually put my hands on it.