[Histonet] RE: Muscle Biopisy Procedure

Lynette Pavelich LPaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Sat Jun 23 09:23:05 CDT 2012

We have used M-Labs (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor) labs for over 20 years. Their protocol, complete with pictures is found online at:
www.mlabs.umich.edu

go to:
 Anatomic Pathology
 Nerve/muscle biopsy
 Muscle biopsy tissue submission protocol

This protocol has never failed us!!

hope this helped,
Lynette

Lynette Pavelich, HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Hurley Medical Center
One Hurley Plaza
Flint, MI 48503

ph: 810.262.9948
mobile: 810.444.7966

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Ian R Bernard [ibernard <@t> uab.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 10:57 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Muscle Biopisy Procedure

Our lab never had the opportunity to perform a muscle biopsy procedure until now: we have a request for one.  Since we never did one, we don't have a written procedure.

We are looking for a  benchmark or proven written procedure to freeze and ship the specimen to the Joint Pathology Center in Washington DC for processing.

We will not perform any other aspects of the procedure, just the freeze and ship.

Hope to do this next week.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ian R. Bernard
Ian R. Bernard, MSHA, HT (ASCP)
10th Medical Group- Anatomic Pathology Lab
USAF Academy, CO 80840