[Histonet] RE: Embedding beads

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Fri Jun 22 10:15:22 CDT 2012

Donna,

Cancer Diagnostics has them, numbers 0 thru 9 and letters A thru E. Note, however, that the "6" and "9" are identical! They run about 2 cents per bead and come in bottles of 500.

They are flat on two sides so don't roll around. We've been using them for about 6 months and everyone is happy with them.

We tried confetti but everyone complained about how hard it was to pick up the pieces. Plus shapes and colors are not as easy to decode as numbers. We have a chart posted in the lab with each persons number or letter so it is really easy to determine who embedded a particular block.

http://www.cancerdiagnostics.com/CDI_Products.aspx?pid=109

Tim Morken

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Willis, Donna G.
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 7:58 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding beads

Does anyone out in Histoland know of a vendor other that Mar Med to get small beads to put in cassettes to designate the person that embeds.

Thanks,

Donna Willis, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Lab Manager
Baylor University Medical Center-Dallas
ph. 214-820-2465 office
ph. 214-725-6184 mobile
donna.willis <@t> baylorhealth.edu

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. Baylor Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.