[Histonet] RE: Adopting a bar code system

Turner-Smith Linda turnelin <@t> HHSC.CA
Thu Jun 21 13:32:31 CDT 2012

Make sure that if the system produces slide labels that go on at the time of microtomy (before staining) that they are compatible with your automatic cover slipper. If the label is even the slightest bit too big the machine may not be able to pick up the slides properly. Big Trouble !

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Teri Johnson
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:45 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Adopting a bar code system

Hi Histonetters,

I am interested in hearing from folks who went from a manual histology system to a barcoding system. I would like to look into to adopting bar coding and want to know the pitfalls, issues, and your successes in doing so.

Thanks!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
GNF Histology Lab Manager
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
858-332-4752