[Histonet] Mouse Fetus Processing

Alicia R. Lange arlange <@t> medicine.nevada.edu
Mon Jun 18 15:48:13 CDT 2012

Hello Histoland,

I have been given a project to process some mice fetuses. The research
group is particularly interested in studying the GI track of each fetus.
They range in size from 20 x 20 x 10 mm to 10 x 10 x 5 mm. Does anyone
have any suggestions for processing, microtomy, sectioning, staining etc
for these with the focus on the GI track?

For now we have decided to cut the larger ones in half and section
through the smaller ones with the microtome. There are no ideas for
special stains at this point.

Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions!!!!

Alicia Lange

University of Nevada, Reno

Pathology Department

arlange <@t> medicine.nevada.edu