[Histonet] Body Fluid Specimens

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 19:43:54 CDT 2012

Have you tried cytolyte? This will lyse the cells leaving only WBC and maybe a few red ones if its really bloody. How bloody it is will determin how many times you would add cytolyte , shake, then centrifuge at what ever your normal time is. Just a thought.

Kim

________________________________
 From: Kelly Colpitts <kelly_colpitts <@t> hotmail.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 10:09 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Body Fluid Specimens

Hi,Our current protocol for preparing cytospins from body fluids and cytospins is very limited.  We basically add fixative and spin it down.  This leaves us with pretty bloody slides and cell blocks at times.  In my past experience, we did a lot more to the specimens and I think the blocks and slides looked better.  Our hematology department prepares our CSF and brochoalveolar lavage slides for us.  Does anyone have a protocol for specimen preparation they could email us?  You can send me the protocol at kelly_colpitts <@t> hotmail.com. Thanks so much,Kelly Colpitts, HT (ASCP)Nationwide Childrens HospitalColumbus, OH                           _______________________________________________