[Histonet] processors

nmhisto <@t> comcast.net nmhisto <@t> comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 15:55:53 CDT 2012

When I was evaluating the different processors in order to purchase a new one, I took all three manufacturers' brochures (Leica, Sakura and Thermo) and did a "spreadsheet" of the features.  I was raised on Sakura but the Leica won - hands down - and the Thermo didn't even place.  Service and reliability for the Leica beat the other two handily - and knowing that German engineering is a known quality was the kicker.  I'm not employed by Leica, but I played one on TV (huh?).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rene J Buesa" <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
To: "Nancy Schmitt" <Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com>, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:29:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] processors

At this moment, just like in automobiles, all tissue processor can give you a good service and your selection should be based on your budget.
Having said that, you ask for a comparison between 2, the Leica ASP300 vs. Sakura VIP6 and, again, price could decide but from the quality and durability VIP6 "wins hands down", at least for me!
René J.