[Histonet] Histotech scheduling

Duddey, Aimee ADuddey <@t> firsthealth.org
Wed Jun 6 07:30:47 CDT 2012

I am looking for some creative scheduling ideas.  We have a day shift
crew that starts at 4am and goes til 530pm.  The schedule is below.
Techs would like to rotate to do different jobs within the department
but don't really want to rotate hours.  Can I please get some examples
of how others of you are staffing?  Even if you have a second or third
shift I would like to see some different workflow plans and how they are
staffed.

1 HT 400am - Embedder

2 HTs 500am - Cutters

1 HT 730 - Immunos/specials/orders

1 HT 830 - Grossing/pathologist assist

1 lab assistant 800am - cytology prep/gross room assist

Aimee M. Duddey, MLT(ASCP)

Moore Regional Hospital Laboratory

Assistant Director of Laboratory - Pathology

910-715-5286

FirstHealth OF THE CAROLINAS