[Histonet] Fluorescence-filters

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:47:58 CDT 2012

Hi Gudrun,

i read about 15 ALK cases a week.  If you are seeing a lot of collagen
fibers around the tumor cells, I'd try increasing the digestion time of
your pepsin (especially if they were fixed for longer than usual).  Before
altering the pretreatment though, you would want to make sure that these
slides were not exposed to light for any period of time.  The discrete
signals of the probes can quickly fade (much faster than with IF stained
slides).  I'd also make sure the door is closed in your dark room.  If
there is light in the corner of your eye the signals can be hard to see.
 ALK FISH should be scored at high power under oil immersion (60-100x
objective).  If they are scoring at 40x, it could be a problem.

good luck!

Mark Tarango