[Histonet] Defrost -80

Lee Loss LLoss <@t> dermwisconsin.com
Mon Jul 30 09:06:44 CDT 2012

We need to defrost our -80 freezer in a derm lab.  We do DIF procedures requiring the controls to be stored in the -80.  We don't have immediate access to another -80 freezer.  We do have a chest freezer that will maintain -20.  Can we hold those DIF controls at -20 while the -80 is down?  How long can those controls be stored that way without losing their IF?

Lee Loss

The materials and information in this e-mail are confidential and may contain Protected Health Information covered under the HIPAA Privacy Rule. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly forbidden by law. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me by reply e-mail and then delete this message. Do not pass any of this information to anyone else. Thank you for your cooperation.