[Histonet] CAP Sample Exchange Registry

jgoldsmi <@t> bidmc.harvard.edu jgoldsmi <@t> bidmc.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 25 10:33:00 CDT 2012

All,

I am the current chair of the CAP's Immunohistochemistry Committee.  One of the things we've been grappling with is how to help IHC laboratories evaluate difficult-to-validate antibodies (e.g. HSV, spirochetes, etc.).  Some years ago, our molecular pathology colleagues at the CAP instituted a 'Sample Exchange Registry' that is designed to facilitate interlaboratory validation.   The College has now expanded this service to all laboratory disciplines, including IHC laboratories.   This service is free of charge.
Additional information can be found below, and on the referenced website.
Please direct any questions to me or Ms. P. Vasalos (email:  pvasalo <@t> cap.org).

Jeff

The College of American Pathologists (CAP) has announced the expansion of its current Sample Exchange Registry for Alternative Assessment. This service now includes all clinical laboratory disciplines.

The Sample Exchange Registry is an Internet-based service designed to connect laboratories performing testing where no formal proficiency testing (PT) is available. Laboratories can participate in the registry service at any time. When at least three laboratories are identified as testing for the same analyte, the CAP will facilitate the sample exchange.
Website:
http://www.cap.org/apps/cap.portal?_nfpb=true&cntvwrPtlt_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FcontentViewer%2Fshow&_windowLabel=cntvwrPtlt&cntvwrPtlt%7BactionForm.contentReference%7D=laboratory_resources%2Fexc.html&_state=maximized&_pageLabel=cntvwr

Jeffrey Goldsmith, MD
Director, Surgical Pathology Laboratory and Gastrointestinal Pathology Fellowship
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
330 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA  02215

Consultant in Gastrointestinal Pathology
Children's Hospital Boston
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA  02215

BIDMC Office:  617 667 2586
BIDMC Fax:  617 975 5620

CHB Pathology Department (for CHB adminstrative matters only):  617 355 7431