[Histonet] (no subject)

betterpath10 <@t> yahoo.com betterpath10 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 21:44:24 CDT 2012

Hi - all hands down the film. Faster,  less daily issues.  I was fortunate to be one if the first to try this in the Boston area in the early 90's.  I have done numerous studies including long term storage.  You need to ensure adequate 'clean' xylene drips 3-5 per slide. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Candace

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Brendal Finlay <brendal.finlay <@t> medicalcenterclinic.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Mon, Jul 23, 2012 17:58:08 GMT+00:00
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Hello all!

We are budgeted to get an automated coverslipper for our department.
When we talked about it with our service rep, he asked if we wanted a
glass or tape coverslipper.  I worked with a glass one many years ago
when they first came out and all I remember is breaking and sticking
coverslips.  I'm sure things have improved by now and was wondering
about the pros and cons of the glass versus tape coverslipper.  Which
do you prefer and why?

Thank you!
Brendal C. Finlay, HT (ASCP)
West Florida Medical Center Clinic