[Histonet] Formalin Fixation issues

Jill Cox jcox90 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 10:32:37 CDT 2012

Hi Histonetters,
Is anyone having problems with breast fixation prior to processing in formalin? For a couple of months now our breast specimens aren't fixing very well before gross. Our Pathologist thinks they have changed something in the formalin itself. We utilize 15/1 ratio and in some cases let fix over the weekend. This has only been happening over the last couple of months and can't seem to figure this out. Any advise or similar problems, would love to hear from you..
Thanks, Jill