[Histonet] What is this item called?

Adam Haberman adam.haberman <@t> oberlin.edu
Tue Jul 3 07:45:53 CDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I am trying to identify a piece of glassware so that I can order a few more
of it.  It is a thick piece of glass with a large, wide depression in the
middle.  The item I am looking for is thicker and wider than a depression
slide, and I use it as a dissecting dish.  I have included a picture of the
piece I am trying to identify, along with a depression slide for
comparison.  This is probably an item that is not widely used anymore, as
it seems to predate all of the faculty here.  However, it is perfect for
the dissections I do with two pair of forceps under a dissecting
microscope.  It gives me much better working angles than the spot plates I
resort to when I cannot find this item.

If anyone can identify the item or, even better, tell me where I can order
more, please let me know.  Thank you very much.

--Adam

Adam Haberman
Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
Oberlin College