[Histonet] Processor Recomendations?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 14:30:43 CST 2012

I used to work with 3 VIPs, one of which was 15 years old. I really doubt that any of your VIPs "could go at any time".
I suggest that the money you have invest in refurbishing your VIPs, a capital maintenance that the people from Sakura can do.
I think you should go this way before investing in another instrument.
René J.

--- On Tue, 1/31/12, Elizabeth Cameron <Elizabeth.Cameron <@t> jax.org> wrote:

From: Elizabeth Cameron <Elizabeth.Cameron <@t> jax.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Processor Recomendations?
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 2:57 PM

Hi,
I am looking for a reasonably-priced tissue processor for a research facility.  We only process mouse tissue (100-200/day), and rapid processing is not something that is necessary.  If possible, we would like the option of using isopropyl alcohol for processing.  We currently have 2 Sakura VIPs that we are happy with, however, they are old and could go at any time.  Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Elizabeth M. Cameron, HT, QIHC (ASCP)