[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 98, Issue 36

Jennifer Sipes jengirl1014 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 12:13:16 CST 2012

Hi Histonetters!

I have a question that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.  I have a person who brings me mouse intestinal tract with fecal matter still in it.  She can NOT remove the fecal matter before processing due to the fact that her lab is studying the mucus membrane. She had asked the lab that was doing this how they got such prestine sections while we are having a hard time with the sections staying neat due to all the nicks caused by the fecal matter.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best to handle this??  It seems to be getting worse the further into the study she goes.

Thank you in advance for any help that you give!! It is truly appreciated!

Jennifer K. Sipes, ALAT
Sr. Laboratory Technician
Johns Hopkins University
Ross 933