[Histonet] Xylene and Preggers

Rena Fail renafail2 <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:54:21 CST 2012

Human resources ultimately represents the company .  A pregnant employee
should be wearing ppe when handling xylene. MSDS forms are accessible to
all employees,  just a click away  on the computer. I can understand
wanting to keep some things private until you are ready to communicate
them, but  when you work with  chemicals such as xylene and you are
pregnant making sure you are wearing the proper PPE  and the air quality
meets OSHA standards comes first. I don't think the information
communicated by HR to  your supervisors  should become common
knowledge, but there is an obligation to protect the employee as well as
the employer,

Rena Fail