[Histonet] Re: Interview questions

Theresa (Teri) Johnson TJohnson <@t> gnf.org
Wed Jan 25 12:26:33 CST 2012

Sally,

My answer to that question is "I *love* personal phone calls! I just think they are inappropriate in a workplace and should be minimized whenever possible."

Do not ask yes or no questions. Keep them open ended.
Don't ignore red flags that arise, even if you can't explain why it's a cause for concern. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut.
Ask them what they think they can contribute that is unique from the other candidates you are interviewing.
Ask them to describe their perfect job.

You can get a lot of information from those two questions, more even than the answers at face value.

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
GNF Histology Lab Manager
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
858-332-4752