[Histonet] EPHI

Kaye Ryan kryan <@t> nfderm.com
Tue Jan 24 14:50:50 CST 2012

That are strict guidelines given for this on the HIPPA website.  I know
because somehow I was delegated to write the procedure.  Just check out
their website and look at "physical safeguards".

Kaye Ryan
North Florida Dermatology Associates, PA
Lab Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Rathborne, Toni
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:31 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] EPHI

I'm wondering what others do when selling used instruments that contain
EPHI (electronic protected health information). Do you destroy the hard
drive which also has the software programs, or is there another
alternative? I have an old Dako Autostainer that we have replaced and
would like to sell, but am faced with the challenge of eliminating the
patient information from it.
Dealers of used equipment, how do you address this problem? I expect you
see it quite frequently.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Somerset Medical
Center
and are intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in
this
message is confidential and may contain privileged, confidential,
proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection
and/or
exemption from disclosure under applicable law.  Unauthorized
forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error
by e-mail or you may call Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk
at 908-685-2200, ext. 4050.

Be sure to visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site -
www.somersetmedicalcenter.com - for the most up-to-date news,
event listings, health information and more.