[Histonet] Efficacity of fluorochrome in Immunofluorescence

Natalia Fernandez nunut86 <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 03:45:29 CST 2012

Hi everybody!

Maybe you can help me.

I'm trying to do immunofluorescences to see the colocalisation between two proteins (PSD + Oligomeres) using Oregon Green (goat anti mouse) and Texas Red (goat anti rabbit).
But my probleme, is that the analysis of the slides reveals too much colocalisation. I mean, all seems yellow, as if both fluorochromes show the same thing.

It's the first time I do fluorescence, so I don't know where could come the problem.
I tried to do a simple staining, 1 slide with my first antibody and its fluorochrome, and the second slide with the other first antibody with its fluorochome and then check the result with the filter red and green. But it's strange because I see both color as if I had put both fluorochromes (second antibodies).

Has somebody already had this problem?
What can I do to resolve it?

Thank you very much for your help.
Natalia