[Histonet] Quenching auto fluorescence in human tissue

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:38:27 CST 2012

I have not used "Chicago Blue" (Inoticed the product is discontinued by Sigma Aldrich) for quenching, but have often used "Evans Blue" (synonym: Direct Blue 53; Empirical Formula: C34H24N6Na4O14S4 ;Molecular Weight: 960.81;CAS Number: 314-13-6) without any issue. Sigma Aldrich sells the Evans Blue is solution (>75% dye content). You might want to give the Evans Blue a try (product # E2129).

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)