[Histonet] Music in the Laboratory

Podawiltz, Thomas tpodawiltz <@t> lrgh.org
Wed Jan 18 04:42:30 CST 2012

I have always allowed music to play at work usually left on a radio station since it will keep us updated on the day's information and leave the more offensive language out. I bought the department a system that will play cd and iPods'. The only rule is while playing our iPods', the songs with the strong language must be skipped.

Tom Podawiltz, HT (ASCP)
Histology Section Head/Laboratory Safety Officer
LRGHealthcare
603-524-3211 ext: 3220
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gudrun Lang [gu.lang <@t> gmx.at]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:12 AM
To: Traczyk7 <@t> aol.com
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: AW: [Histonet] Music in the Laboratory

It would be fine, if there could be found a compromise. We have the radio on
during cutting time, but it is quiet enough not to "overblow" work. And in
the minutes nobody talks it is quite amousing to listen daily infos and
music.
And yes, also for me it would be a pain to listen to "hard" music at work
all the time.
On the other hand, a pathologist in our department loves classic music at
the microscope. - that's also too much for me. ;)

Gudrun