[Histonet] Re:ihc course

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 8 22:32:05 CST 2012

NSH has a lot of IHC teleconferences:
http://s3.goeshow.com/nsh/NSHTC2012/ereg949997.cfm?pg=home
Under Register, you can download the brochure.

NSH also has some IHC forums: July 13-14, 2012 in Hartford, CT. Not much
information available yet, but keep checking.
http://www.nsh.org/content/immunohistochemistry-forum

Dako has a lot of downloadable booklets
http://www.dako.com/us/index/knowledgecenter.htm

But as for a college offering courses/degree in IHC - I don't know of any.
There are courses on Immunology in general, and there are courses for the
med tech training programs, specific to their immunology. For the histotech
programs that are college/university based, the IHC is built into the
curriculum, usually part of the special stains class, and you have to be
accepted into the histotech program. So most histotechs learn it on-the-job,
and attending their state and national symposiums.

Peggy Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Donadio
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:40 PM
To: naveeda arshad ; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Re:ihc course

You can get IHC education from most of the vendors. If you cant go that
route, then there are many good books and subscriber publications out.

If you really want to be on top of the subject, do what I did many many
years ago.

It's called do it yourself education

Get one of the books they give you to order from and learn from it. It
always tells you what each antibody stains for, whats the control etc

You actually can go online to any of the major sites such as DAKO, LEICA or
VENTANA and see thier antibody list with all the applied info for them.

In America you can also obtain knowledge from the NSH( http://www.nsh.org/ )
or as in Florida we have FSH (http://www.fshgroup.org/ )

Much Luck

Kim D