[Histonet] Cytokeratin AE1/AE3

Joanne Clark jclark <@t> pcnm.com
Tue Feb 28 10:27:38 CST 2012

Hi Histonetters, I am having some issues with my Cytokeratin AE1/AE3.  We use the antibody from DAKO and do HIER on it before staining.  We run AE1/AE3 as a protocol on sentinel lymph nodes from breast cases that were negative on frozen section to rule out micro metastases and what my pathologists sometimes sees is staining that looks like it's running in-between the cells.  It is not an indication of metastases but my pathologists want me to get rid of it.  Have any of you seen anything like this?  I would especially appreciate the opinion of Samuri Pathologist on this if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks all!

Joanne Clark, HT
Histology Supervisor
Pathology Consultants of New Mexico