[Histonet] slides for frozens

Bharti Parihar bhartologist <@t> gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:13:38 CST 2012

Hi Margaret and Rene,
              I'm wet behind the ears when it comes to this field, still in
Histotech program and have only been in the field as a lab assistant thus
far for about 4 years, so I'm trying to understand as much as I can through
other's methods. I have a question about your hematoxylin time. Our frozen
stain line calls for 30 seconds in hematoxylin, while yours says 5 minutes.
We have to try to maintain a 15 minutes or less time frame to get frozens
done depending on how many parts we receive of course. Could your
hematoxylin time be effecting the sections at all? If it's a fixing issue,
we do about 1 minute in 100% and then 1 minute in 95% and then water and
then hematoxylin and so on. The only time we experience tissue falling off
is with the fragile stuff, like brain, cartilage etc. in which we make sure
to use positively charged slides. I don't know the brand of slides we use
but I'll try to remember to let you know. Thanks and good luck!
-Bharti Parihar