[Histonet] TP 1050 tissue processor

seth oppong acquasi25 <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 03:05:39 CST 2012

Hello Histonet,

My name is Seth Oppong,a histotech in Ghana,West Africa.A philanthropic histotechnologist in the US is helping me set up a small commercial and research lab of my own.He recently sent me a leica tp 1050 tissue processor which is in fairly good condition.Anytime i switch it on , everything seems to be working fine but anytime , i try to test the retort fill/retort empty or some other functions like retort drain or process, it reads ''error 800'',complete manual wax drain.
My problem is how do i complete this manual wax drain?  This machine is kind of new here,so almost all my superiors don't have an idea how it works.Can somebody walk me through a step by step filling of reagent containers,how to check whether the pipes(tubes) are working?
Also can somebody link me to a videoclip of the tp 1050 tissue processor usage? i.e how to  load the wax into the wax chambers and how to fill the retort with .Will it matter if i pick the xylene bottle at station say 11 and put it at xylene bottle position say 4?

Thank you.I will be glad with as many responses and diverse options as possible.

Seth Oppong
ClearPath Lab and Diagnostic Center
Ghana