[Histonet] Removing tape

Carol Bryant cbrya <@t> lexclin.com
Fri Feb 24 12:52:51 CST 2012

Please reply to all.  I am interested in this info. also.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of M.O.
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 1:30 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Removing tape

Dear All,

I am using clear packing tape on mma embedded rabbit femurs with implants.
 The reasoning for the use of tape is that the implant crumbles when being
cut without the tape.  I have switched to a new tape that partially comes
off with xylene, but does not release from the section on the slide (held
with haupts).  Does anyone have suggestions for removing the tape - xylene
vs toluene vs acetone?  At this point, the slides have been in xylene
overnight and have not been released from the slides and the other tape
took 45mins to lift off.

Thank you so much,
Merissa