[Histonet] Tissue adhesion

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 11:05:53 CST 2012

Your drying protocol seems to be adequate. Perhaps your (+) slides are old and in that case they tend to lose their adhesion.
René J.

--- On Fri, 2/24/12, Kuhnla, Melissa <Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org> wrote:

From: Kuhnla, Melissa <Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue adhesion
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, February 24, 2012, 7:38 AM

Hello,
Happy Friday.
We are currently running IHC on Ventana XT and Ultra instrumentation.
We recently in the past couple of months have seen a rise in tissue
section loss.  Can anyone share with me their protocol for drying and
baking slides prior to IHC automated staining??

We had this problem in the past.  We found resolution by not
'over-processing' our small biopsies and treating our slides in certain
ways.  By that I mean we use adhesion slides, handle and cut all slides
with gloves worn, and dip control slides upside down to avoid altering
the change on the end of the slides that will hold the patient sample.
We currently dry slides for 15 minutes before baking in 60 degree oven
for 2 hours.

Thank you for any insight you may have.

Melissa Kuhnla
Lead Medical Technologist for IHC and FISH
Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Regional Laboratory Services

The information in this e-mail, and any attachments therein, is confidential and for use by the intended addressee only. If this message is received by you in error please do not disseminate or read further. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete the message. Although Catholic Health Services of Long Island attempts to sweep e-mail  and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.