[Histonet] cytokeratin Lu5

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Thu Feb 23 16:06:43 CST 2012

Hi Margaret,

We have used CK-Lu5 in the past with great results.  It stains dog, cat,
pig, cow, horse, goat, deer, bird, frog, hedgehog, snake, guinea pig, rat,
and bats so far.  Use Proteinase digestion for antigen retrieval.

We did notice that in recent times the staining intensity diminished with
CK-Lu5 on some runs and we had to keep dropping the dilution down to more
concentrated levels to achieve the same staining intensity as in the past.

Dako's CK-MNF116 is also a great broad spectrum (also stains pretty much
the same animals strongly).  However, CK-Lu5 stains more hepatocytes than
CK-MNF116 does, in my experience.

Jan Shivers
Section Head
IHC/Histo/EM