[Histonet] TMA blocks

Helen Fedor hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu
Mon Feb 20 16:41:25 CST 2012

Hello Colleen, We use standard size molds (2.5cm X 3.5cm) that are a litte deeper (7mm) in our core to make the recipient blocks. 2.5cm X 3.5cm. and our TMA with the 1.0mm punch have 13 rows and 16 columns = 208 cores.  You can contact me if you want more information.

Helen L. Fedor

Tissue Microarray Lab, Manager
Prostate Biorepository, Manager
Johns Hopkins University
600 N. Wolfe St, | Marburg Room 406
Baltimore, MD | 21287-7065

410.614.1660

http://tmalab.jhmi.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Colleen Forster
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 5:02 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] TMA blocks

Hey Histonetters!

We have the first generation of the Beecher machine, manual version. We would like to do a super TMA that would hold 180+1.0mm punches. When you do a single TMA the tissue area is 1x1 and out largest mold is 3x3. Has anyone ever trimmed the TMA's down and embedded 2 or 3 of them into one big block?

Thanks in advance!!

Colleen Forster
Bionet Histology Laboratory
U of MN, AHC