[Histonet] Ventana XT Closed System misnomer

CHRISTIE GOWAN christiegowan <@t> msn.com
Fri Feb 17 11:32:58 CST 2012

Eric, I wouldn't say my mind is closed on the issue and I appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I agree wholeheartedly about the advantages of the XT and to say that the Benchmark XT is a closed system is simply to state that it is more "closed" regarding reagents than some systems (open) where the reagents are purchsed from various vendors in whatever form you choose.  Some people who use all non-Ventana antibodies may find this as a "con" vs. a "pro" when it comes to considering purchasing an XT for their lab. Thanks.
Christie Gowan HT(ASCP)