[Histonet] Ribbon won't stay on knife

Jerry Ricks rosenfeldtek <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:53:00 CST 2012

Sometimes while cutting 5 micron paraffin sections...

I turn the wheel once and a nice section gets cut and lays down on my blade.  When I turn the wheel again, as the knife holder is traveling Upwards, the top of my paraffin block will grab the ribbon and lift it off of the microtome blade, ruining my ribbon. Any ideas what is going on, how to fix it.

Today I'm using my old trust Spencer 820 microtome, but it also sometimes happens on my Leica RM2125.

Thanks,

Jerry Ricks
Research Scientist
University of Washington