[Histonet] RNAlater regret

Collette, Nicole M. collette2 <@t> llnl.gov
Wed Feb 15 14:38:47 CST 2012

Hello, Esteemed Histonetters!

I have a collaborator who asked me to drop his (mouse) bones into RNAlater for RNA isolation, later. These animals were double labeled for histomorphometry as well. He now wants to know if he can back them out of RNAlater and use them for any histology-related protocols? (dynamic histomorphometry, histology stains, immunostains)? Perhaps the best course of action is to back them into fixative and proceed with fingers crossed? If anyone has a better idea or already knows it won't work, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy Wednesday,

Sincerely,
Nicole Collette
LLNL