[Histonet] IHC and bone implants

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:36:39 CST 2012

Del,

I have a few questions for you to better understand your problem.

1)  Are you talking about decalcified paraffin sections or undecalcified resin embedded specimens?

2)  Is the implant washing off or both the bone and implant?

3)  What type of implant/material is it?

4)  If decalcified and paraffin embedded, what temperature and how long do you melt your specimens to the slide on the slide warmer?

5)  If undecalcified and resin embedded, what type of resin and how thick are your sections?

6)  Lastly, what step do you notice that the section or implant becomes detached from the slide?

Please forgive me for the list of questions, but a little more information will help to pinpoint the problem and help get straight to the best corrective action.

Best Regards,

Jack

Jack Ratliff
Chairman, Hard Tissue Committee - National Society for Histotechnology
Senior Histologist, Biomimetic Therapeutics, Inc.