[Histonet] new billing Codes

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:24:00 CST 2012

Hi Histonetters, I have a great idea.  You can come to Georgia for our meeting, our own Joyce Weems will be presenting a workshop on CPT coding at our meeting.

The Georgia Society for Histotechnology -  Region III meeting will be held at Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain GA April 13-15th,.  The Deadline for receiving the discounted hotel rate is March 13th, so act now.  Remember The Mountain Creek Inn fills up fast during the spring which is golfing season here in Georgia.  Making reservations with a credit card will hold your room, they will not apply the rate until you actually check in.  Call now 1-800-225-5292 and use the GSH group # 78K711 to get the discounted room rate of $109.  There are other rooming option rates in the program which can be found at http://www.histosearch.com/gsh/symposium.html.

Also register early for the fantastic workshops GSH has lined up, like Joyce's and earn your CEUs.  GSH has planned a great awards luncheon on Saturday as well as a dinner on Saturday night, details are in the program.  Payment is easy with PayPal.  You do not have to have an account with them to use this service and it is secure.  Make payment by going to www.PayPal.com and send payment to the email address on the registration form.

Plan to attend, bring the family for a vacation, Callaway Gardens is a wonderful family experience.

If you have any questions please contact GSH President - Mike Ayers at lmayers <@t> charter.net, GSH  Vice President and Exhibit Liaison - Wanda Simons at wandrous <@t> att.net or myself powell_sa <@t> mercer.edu.

Please pass this invitation to any who may not get this email.

Come to Georgia and experience

Histotechnology - Southern Style

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Weems, Joyce
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:55 AM
To: Goins, Tresa; anita dudley; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] new billing

Same antibody on multiple blocks of same specimen was what I was referring to. For the past couple of years, we could charge per block. Now it is per specimen.

However, it is still per block for special stains. Just to be sure that is clear...

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE