[Histonet] Immunofluorescence

Daniela Bodemer daniela.bodemer <@t> mcri.edu.au
Tue Feb 7 16:25:13 CST 2012

Hi Natalia,

Human tissue is naturally autofluorescent. In our lab we do immunos on
frozens and quench the AF with chicago blue solution (1g Chicago Sky
Blue 6B-Sigma in 99ml MilliQ plus 1ml DMSO) after washing the secondary
antibodies with PBS (3x). Just load the tissue with a drop of the CB
solution for 15 secs and wash it in PBS again (3x). Mount as usual

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Natalia
Fernandez
Sent: Wednesday, 8 February 2012 2:35 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Immunofluorescence

Hi everybody!
I have a problem with my experiment.

I try to do immunofuorescences in old human brains (parafine sections).
First I thought that the too much colocalisation was due to my
antibodies (primary or secondary).
After several tests (Only 1st antibody, only 2nd one, simple staining,
inverse simple staining,..) I saw that the tissue itself shows a lot of
fluorescence (without antibodies, and even after a treatment against
lipofuscine (solution of Potassium permanganate).

So my question is: Do you have the same problem?
Do you think that parafine could be the reason of this
autofluorescence?!
What can I do?

Thank you so much for your answers :)
Natalia

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud
service.

If you have any question, please contact MCRI IT Helpdesk for further
assistance.