[Histonet] reagents without expiration dates

Mark Turner mturner <@t> CSILaboratories.com
Fri Feb 3 09:06:44 CST 2012

The Security Director turned a very pale shade of yellow when he witnessed the strength of the explosion.  Just glad I caught it before someone tried to unscrew the lid...

Mark Turner, HT(ASCP) QIHC
IHC / Histology Manager

678-319-3321 Direct
770-508-7644 Cell
678-319-1454
mailto:mturner <@t> csilaboratories.com
csilaboratories.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sherwood, Margaret [mailto:MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:31 AM
To: Mark Turner; histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] reagents without expiration dates

You're lucky it didn't blow up the lab!  Our safety people do a yearly inspection of chemicals etc. and once fined and closed down a lab for keeping dried up picric acid.  Not pretty!

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (EDR 214) Massachusetts General Hospital
50 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
617-724-4839 (voice mail)
617-726-6983 (lab)