[Histonet] Recommendations for H&E stainer?

Chapman, Lisa Lisa.Chapman <@t> aurora.org
Mon Dec 24 17:07:38 CST 2012

Our lab is researching H&E stainers.  Our main H&E stainer (Leica ST 4040) is not being produced by Leica anymore and is a workhorse.  Our lab produces about 2500-3000 H&E slides a day.  One item we have looked at in the past is the Prisma stainer by Sakura which you can hook up a coverslipper to (we already have the appropriate film coverslipper).  One stainer would meet our current demands as far as turnaround time goes.  It was suggested (and we agreed) that we would need three Prisma stainers linked together to meet our demands - however, we do not have the space for three stainers.

All suggestions are welcome!

Lisa Chapman, HT (ASCP)
Second/Third Shift Histology Supervisor | ACL Laboratories
8901 West Lincoln Avenue
West Allis, WI 53227
*414.939.1723  |7414.328.8505
*414.222.3929  |*<mailto:%7C*lisa.chapman <@t> acllab.com> lisa.chapman <@t> aurora.org<mailto:lisa.chapman <@t> aurora.org>