[Histonet] Basis for Quality Work in a Histotech

Travis Troyer ttroyer <@t> petersonlab.com
Fri Dec 14 16:34:03 CST 2012

This is a question for all of the lab supervisors.   I am the supervisor of two histotechs.   I am not doing techwork now, but have 10 years of experience.  The pathologists are getting more and more upset at the lack of quality in the work and the mistakes that are happening.   I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on what sort of a goal to set up and how to reward/punish for variations from that goal.   For example,  if the goal is three mistakes for the month, what is the best way to reward them for making that goal and what would be best if they had more mistakes in a given time frame.   We are all feeling the budget crunch and the pathologists are trying to figure out a good solution.

Thanks,
Travis Troyer