[Histonet] Her2 Dual ISH and breast processing

vtolley <@t> cox.net vtolley <@t> cox.net
Mon Dec 10 10:48:15 CST 2012

Hello all--

My lab is having some problems with inconstant results with our Her2 Dual ISH on the Ventana Ultra.  Right now, we know we have a problem with our large breast tissue being under-fixed.  There have been many gripes to the PAs and residents about the thickness of the tissue sections and they have listened.  We are now getting breast sections that are consistently cut between 2-3mm in thickness.  However, we are still having issues with inconsistency in our dual ISH staining.  Many times, the staining is absent.

We are currently processing our breast tissue on a Tissue-Tek VIP6 processor.  Are there any labs out there that are using this processor and also running Her2 Dual ISH on the Ventana with nice, consistent results?  If so, would any of you be willing to share your processing protocol?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Val