[Histonet] How to open Reichert 820?

Jon Krupp jkrupp <@t> deltacollege.edu
Thu Dec 6 12:10:31 CST 2012

Hi

Anyone know how to open the cover of a Reichert 820 microtome?

This is the model that has a wheel for the coarse advance on the left side.

I am used to the AO Style, pop the latch & tip it back. These usually have a crank and a cut out slot on the left.

This one uses 4 screws from the bottom to secure the lid and there is no cut out for the coarse advance to slide through. Looks like the wheel has to be removed to remove the cover. Getting the wheel off is where I am stuck.

This is an old microtome we have had sitting around, would like to check the guts and clean it up.

Jon

Jonathan Krupp
Applied Science, Business & Technology
San Joaquin Delta College