[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 109, Issue 5

Riesen, Rebecca Rebecca.Riesen <@t> hma.com
Wed Dec 5 07:47:44 CST 2012

 I am in love with the Excelsior from the standpoint of hands off daily maintenance.  Waste paraffin is pumped into a container with a liner, you let it solidify and remove waste in the bag for easy disposal.  Pour a couple bags of paraffin pellets in and walk away.  Take a bottle of waste alcohol or xylene the instrument has pumped into off and replace it with a new bottle.  Excelsior will aspirate the new fluid on the next run.  You don't even have to pour into another container.  The Excelsior takes the fluids right out of the manufacturer's bottle. It is so simple!  If you can read, that's all you need. The screen prompts everything.  I also find my solutions last longer.

------------------------------

Message: 18
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:39:11 -0800
From: Davide Costanzo <pathlocums <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Tissue Processors
To: Tim Wheelock <twheelock <@t> mclean.harvard.edu>
Cc: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

The excelsior is getting rave reviews from folks I know that use it.
The University of Miami just ordered a few of them from my
understanding. Might want to call there and ask their opinion.
Personally, I think Sakura is losing ground and for good reason. We
use exclusively Thermo branded equipment here. STP420 and Pathcentre.
Both are great.