[Histonet] Immunohistochemical detection of cytokines in older frozen sections

Rob Day rob <@t> foliobio.com
Wed Dec 5 07:44:45 CST 2012

Folio biosciences is testing a process that will rejuvenate older sections to restore degraded antigenicity for ISH. It's designed to help scientists with exactly the problem you are describing

Email me if you want to help us test this process using your slides. No charge of course.

Rob Day.

On Dec 4, 2012, at 6:26 PM, Darius Alex Schneider <schndar <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to detect cytokines in human pancreatic sections from
> diabetics. The blocks are at least 1y old, the sections are usually fresh.
> I am fixing the slides with 2% PFA and permeabilizing with 0.1% saponin,
> staining overnight in BSS-saponin with the primary, biotinylated antibody
> and subsequently tyramid signal amplification and fluorescein based
> visuatlisation. However, my results are very poor.
> I am mainly interested in these cytokines:
> IL1beta
> IL1r
> IL2
> IL6
> IL10
> IL17
> IL21
> TNFalpha
> IFNgamma
>
> Is there somebody out there who is experienced in detecting these
> cytokines, and could provide me with a comprehensive protocol? Also, who
> knows what the best positive controls might be?
>
> Thank you so much,
>
> Darius
> La Jolla, USA

Rob Day
Business Development
Folio Biosciences
1476 Manning Pkwy, Powell, Ohio 43065
Direct Line: (614) 407-4547 | Main Office Phone: (614) 846-2809 |  Fax: (877) 591-1815
http://foliobio.com

www.linkedin.com/in/robdaybiotech

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may be privileged or may contain health information protected by state and federal law.
Information and opinions expressed in this message and/or attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message from your system.
Any use of this information by individuals other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.