[Histonet] RE: Let's Talk CAP Inspections

MaryK Mendell kmendell <@t> goldbergmd.net
Tue Aug 28 07:28:20 CDT 2012

I agree on being an inspector, I learned so much doing that.  You can also share ideas when you see people who could make a few changes to save time.  Good Luck and welcome your questions.
Kate Mendell
Histopathology/Lab Manager

HOWARD S. GOLDBERG, M.D., INC
990 Paradise Road
Swampscott, MA  01907
TEL:  781.595.0151
FAX:  781.592.6780
kmendell <@t> goldbergmd.net
www.cosmesticdermcenter.com
PRIVACY NOTICE: This e-mail message may contain confidential patient or other information belonging to the sender that is legally privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual or authorized entity named above. The authorized recipient of this patient or other confidential information is prohibited from disclosing the information to any other party.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete.  Please keep any information you may have viewed confidential.
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ian R Bernard [ibernard <@t> uab.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:44 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Let's Talk CAP Inspections

I trust all of us will hopefully benefit from this line of discussion:

In 2013 our lab will undergo our 2013 CAP inspection. The Cyto (Non-Gyn)-pathology, and Anatomic(Surgical only) Pathology and now the new "Commons" checklist will be used.

Over the next weeks, in an effort to prepare, and to get feedback to CAP questions that tend to be subject-to-interpretation or subjective (since inspectors are our peers) versus objective questions (that are straight forward (or "elementary my dear friend"), I will present questions with hopes of obtaining interpretations from you, my fellow subject matter experts and fellow inspectors.

By the way, this will be my first CAP inspection as sole manager of our lab.

I also think volunteering to serve as an inspector will help the process as well. Look out, I may be coming your way.

IB