[Histonet] RE: Productivity

Boyd, Debbie M DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Tue Aug 21 06:57:13 CDT 2012

Our unit of measure is billable test.  But, my director adds in extra (not sure how) for manual vs. automation in the clinical lab.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Heckford, Karen - SMMC-SF
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 1:43 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Productivity

Good Morning,
I know we have been over this before, how does your lab measure productivity?  Are you going by block and slide or by CPT code?  I have been told by the "Suits" that we can only measure productivity by per specimen or CPT code with no weight and value.  As you know when you get a big case you can have a bunch of blocks on it therefore a bunch of slides.   I do everything from GI specimens to big breast cases.  They will tell me that our productivity is down and we need to cut hours.   I just do not know exactly how to drill it in to them that things are not always as they appear on paper.  I am talking in circles until I am blue in the face...AUGH!!!!!!

Karen Heckford HT ASCP CE
Lead Histology Technician
St. Mary's Medical Center
450 Stanyan St.
San Francisco, Ca. 94117
415-668-1000 ext. 6167
karen.heckford <@t> dignityhealth.org
                                                                                  Caution:  This email message, including all content and attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may be of a nature that is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have received this document in error.  Any further review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us  immediately by reply email.  Thank you."